Energy Efficient T-Series Coating Systems
FE-15T and FE-24T Energy Efficient T-Series Coating Systems
Our compact UV Roller Coater Systems are designed for high quality flood coating for small to medium printers with the desire for quick and efficient setup, operation and maintenance at a very low starting price. The enclosed design, highly effective heat and UV light control allow this unit to be used in any small office environment. Our UV coating systems offer excellent quality in a small package, and use a fraction of the energy that conventional UV Coaters require. These units apply a high quality gloss, satin or matte UV coating. The systems have adjustments for stock thickness and desired coating thickness.
- This coater is designed by Fergesen Systems with more than 25 years experience in the UV coatings industry. You will be able to count on support, service, and quality like none other. Parts can be received anywhere in North America overnight, and standard components such as motors, gears, and bearings can be purchased from local supply companies.
- Our units provide the option for the highest thickness levels, and the highest gloss levels of any of the small format UV coating systems. We can achieve the same quality as units at a much higher price. The FE series of coating heads can handle thicker stock than any other compact UV coating systems, up to 1.25″ board stock.
- Our units stay cooler, and give less light leakage, than almost any other coater for a safer and comfortable operator environment.
- Our coating head design is simply and quick to understand, setup and cleanup. There are no electronic controls to confuse operators. Our entire coating roller assembly can be swapped out in minutes.
- We can give you a better gloss level, and better adhesion, to a much wider range of stocks and inks. You can count on Fergesen Systems to provide your business better knowledge in the coatings business.
- We are leaders in the UV curing technology, and can offer new options ahead of the pack: such as our LED curing option for a true green curing solution.
Max. Width of Web or Stock: 15″ or 24″
Application: UV Flood Coating and Curing
Minimum Stock*: 100lb Text Stock*
Maximum Stock Thickness: 1.25″
Estimated Maximum Speed: 3500 IPH**
Maximum Coating Thickness*: 0.5 Mil*
*Will vary depending on UV coating selection, speed and stock selection. Use of stripper fingers required for some 80lb text.
**This IPH assumes 14×19 sheets
- Setup a snap with easily repeatable coating thickness and pressure settings
- Enclosed design to minimize UV and heat from the unit
- Fully automatic controls that can be integrated with feeders and stackers
- Industrial construction: welded steel frame, powder coated, with heavy duty 16 gauge steel covers
- Stainless steel pan for coating drip collection
- Polycarbonate view panels protect the coating head and curing conveyor
- Teflon covered nylon belt with full vacuum hold-down down the complete length of the system
- Optional light stock sheet strippers can handle 80lb text with ease.
- The base unit is shipped with a manual feed table and catch tray for up to 4″ of stock unless a feeder or stacker is ordered.
- IR option available
Part Number: FE-15T or FE-24T
Electrical Service: 25A / 45A (208-240V AC Single Phase)
Plug: Nema L6-30P or Nema 14-50P
Application Roller: 55 durometer EPDM
Application Roller Width: 15″ or 24″
UV Cure Width: 15″ or 24″
UV Venting: 4″ or 6″ round vent to be connected by customer
Conveyor: 36″ with vacuum hold-down
UV Coatings are beginning to sweep the industry for good reason: they use no solvents, which means there is no worry about solvent vapors harming the environment. UV coatings provide a very cost-effective and highly effective scratch resistant layer for covers, mailings and outdoor applications (most applications cost less than $10 per 1000 14×19 sheets). UV High Gloss is considered to among the best gloss levels available from any coating solution; however, UV technology can be utilized for satin, matte and other coating effects.
Our compact UV Roller Coater Systems are designed for high quality flood coating for small to medium printers with the desire for quick and efficient setup, operation and maintenance at a very low starting price. The enclosed design, highly effective heat and UV light control allow this unit to be used in any small office environment.